The Regional Manager is the primary point of contact between Bioenterprise and our key stakeholders, including SMEs and start-ups, research institutes, corporations, investors, government agencies and other experts and organizations that play a role in advancing innovative agri-tech and food-tech technologies. This is a critical role in identifying and evaluating high potential opportunities and connecting regional and national people and resources to accelerate the commercialization process for this sector. This position reports to the Vice President, Commercialization and requires a skilled and engaged individual that is highly motivated to identify, align, and optimize existing assets and generate strategic partnerships and investment to ensure commercial success. The position is to be located in the region covering Sudbury, North Bay and New Liskeard.
- Identify and evaluate high-potential agri- and food-tech opportunities in Northern Ontario.
- Assist in the evaluation and due diligence of opportunities for Bioenterprise and Canada’s Food and Agri-Tech Engine programs and initiatives.
- Assist clients in the development of appropriate commercialization pathways.
- Identify and recruit relevant entrepreneurs and researchers, expertise, infrastructure, and other key resources within Northern Ontario to augment Canada’s Food and Agri-Tech Engine.
- Manage relationships with key clients, stakeholders and Canada’s Food and Agri-Tech Engine members.
- Promote Bioenterprise and Canada’s Food and Agri-Tech Engine to key clients, stakeholders and potential partners within Northern Ontario.
- Travel as required throughout Northern Ontario, Canada and internationally.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Established track record of leading successful commercialization efforts in the public or private sector.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the investment and due diligence process.
- Experience in scientific, technology, and/or product assessment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Business development experience.
- Intellectual property management experience.
- Superior networking and relationship-building skills.
- Strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with strong time-management and organizational practices.
- Proven focus on measurement and results.
- International experience is desirable.
- Regulatory and/or marketing experience is desirable.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and minimum G License
- A degree in a pertinent scientific discipline, Master of Business Administration preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience.
- Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to John Kelly
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relationship Manager : 3 years (Preferred)
To apply follow the link below: